2019 Ambassador Program
The LewisGale Salem Half Marathon is excited to continue our Running Ambassador Program! Running Ambassadors are people that have run our race or are interested in our race and have a following on social media. We depend on word-of-mouth marketing as one way to spread the word about this race. By using Ambassadors, we can encourage more people from around the region to come try out the LewisGale Salem Half Marathon!
Running Ambassadors must have a love of running in races, have a blog or significant social media following, and goals that align with our vision. In addition, Ambassadors are expected to:
· Post content to your audience a minimum of three times leading up to the race (spaced at least 1 month apart)
· Post a post-race report within one month of finishing the race.
· Participate in our private Ambassadors Facebook discussion group
· If at another race where LewisGale Half Marathon has a representative at the expo, help out at the expo for 1 hour. This can be as simple as standing in for our staff while we take a nature break, or doing a Facebook Live segment for our race or your blog, etc.
In exchange for helping us promote the LewisGale Salem Half Marathon, our Running Ambassadors will receive:
· 2 free race entries- one for yourself and one to give away on your blog/site/followers.
· Coupon code to share with your followers on social media
· We'll help our audience get to know you better (e.g., "Congratulations to @JaneSmith, one of our rockstar Ambassadors for running her first marathon!! Go Jane!!!")
· Link from our Ambassadors page to wherever you'd like (e.g., Facebook, your blog, etc.)
· Private group chat for Ambassadors
We're not looking for people that "have it all." We're looking for a variety of different folks- young, old, slow, fast, close to Salem and far away. We want people that are broadcasting to different online channels and to their own local running groups. So just because you're not on Instagram or Snapchat or whatever the latest social platform is doesn't mean we don't want you- apply now! Fill out the form below to apply to be a race ambassador! Application deadline is May 24, 2019.